The RAMPS 1.4 board is designed to fit the entire electronics needed for a RepRap in one small package for low cost. RAMPS interfaces an Arduino Mega with the powerful Arduino MEGA platform and has plenty room for expansion. The modular design includes plug in stepper drivers and extruder control electronics on an Arduino MEGA shield for easy service, part replacement, upgrade-ability and expansion. Additionally, a number of Arduino expansion boards can be added to the system as long as the main RAMPS board is kept to the top of the stack.
The DRV8825 stepper motor driver carrier is a breakout board for TIâ€™s DRV8825 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver. The module has a pinout and interface that are nearly identical to those of our A4988 stepper motor driver carriers, so it can be used as a higher-performance drop-in replacement for those boards in many applications.
The DRV8825 features adjustable current limiting, overcurrent and overtemperature protection, and six microstep resolutions (down to 1/32-step). It operates from 8.2 â€“ 45 V and can deliver up to approximately 1.5 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (rated for up to 2.2 A per coil with sufficient additional cooling).
1. Simple step and direction control interface
2. Six different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, and 1/32-step
3. Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems
4. Over-temperature thermal shutdown, over-current shutdown, and under-voltage lockout
5. Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection
6. 4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation
7. Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB
8. Module size, pinout, and interface match those of our A4988 stepper motor driver carriers in most respects
(see the bottom of this page for more information)
9. Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer,
which lets you use voltages above your stepper motorâ€™s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
10. Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode
(fast decay or slow decay)
11. 45 V maximum supply voltage
12. Built-in regulator (no external logic voltage supply needed)
1 x RAMPS 1.4 Controller Board
5 X DRV8825 StepStick Motor Driver Module
RAMPS 1.4 Controller Board + 5PCS DRV8825 StepStick Driver Module For 3D Printer